The Street Department has responsibility for the following:
  • Maintaining 54 miles of paved streets
  • Patching and Repairing of Asphalt and Concrete Streets, grading and graveling
  • Snow and Ice Control
  • Leaf pickup

Permits Issued By The Public Works Dept.

  • Sidewalk/Apron/Curb/Culvert Permit - This permit is required for any work done in the public right-of-way; new and rehab aprons, new and rehab sidewalk, breaking out and replacing curb, and installing new and replacement culverts.
  • Street Excavation Permit - This permit is required for any work to be done in the street, such as installing/repairing laterals and new utility installations.
  • Sandwich Board Sign Application/Street Occupancy Permit - This application and permit is required for downtown businesses wanting to place a sandwich board sign in front of their business.
  • Block Party Permit Form - This permit is required for residents wishing to close a portion of a street for the purpose of a block party.
  • Permit Fees - For permits issued by the Public Works Dept

Street Department Contacts

  • Jeff Elrick, Director of Public Works
  • Marty Janssen, Operations Manager